A free event for early-career researchers to established academics plus departmental administrators and other interested parties.
Representatives from the Royal Society will give a grants presentation, followed by a short case study from a current Royal Society University Research Fellow, and a general discussion including a Q&A (1.30-3pm). A short informal networking session (with tea and coffee provided) will follow, where Royal Society representatives will be available to meet potential applicants.
The presentation will cover:
- Broad description of support that Royal Society offers – philosophy, overview of funding schemes, fellowships
- Things on the horizon – issues and opportunities
- Applying to Royal Society (personal perspective)
- What makes a good application
- What surprises Royal Society about grant proposals that they receive: common mistakes; end-to-end process once the application is submitted